Monday, September 12, 2011

I Learned Something New {Camera SD card}

   When I purchased my Canon Rebel XS back in December 2009 I just grabbed the first SD card I saw because I was so EXCITED about using my new camera! Last week the card was not working- a  bit of the plastic broke off and I did not have a back up.  I know that photographers carry several SD cards, but I download almost daily so I have not seen the point of two, until now. I ordered a new card on Amazon and have not had a camera since the 6th. I am having withdrawals. Even my the camera on my phone is broken!  I called my techie brother who suggested this SD card:



  The difference between my card and the suggested card was the "class" the class is the transfer speed.  If I had read my camera manual I would have found out that I was supposed to have a class 6 or higher. I was using a class 2. The higher class cards are helpful in the areas of burst mode, action shots, and low light situations and I am prone to all of those.  I am anticipating my delivery and I will let you know if I notice a difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...