Friday, June 1, 2012

Letterboxing

Ready to begin our letterboxing adventure!


Today is the two week mark of summer break.  The first week was a little rough as Wyatt was adjusting to a relaxed schedule.  I am also trying to complete that course and it has been hard! I have been working from 10 pm- midnight the last couple of nights and that seems to work better for me.  Swim lessons and the summer reading program start next week so that will lessen the boredom.  We did find an activity that is close by and interesting...letterboxing.  I have never heard of this. My mother-in-law was in town and told me about it.  We joined the AtlasQuest community and tried our hand at one of the letterboxes at a local park.  We were only able to find two, but we were enjoying nature, exploring, and NO ELECTRONICS for three hours!  We plan on doing more this summer.

Carved tree that was one of the clues.

Madeline found the "letterbox"!

The kids are showing off their stamp.  I have no idea what face Wyatt is making.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...