Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Vertical Hanging Buckets





My bucket project is finished!  
I told you that I had something up my sleeve last Wednesday that involved this:








It is hard to tell in the picture below, but my Family Rules wood sign has a white washed distressed look and I wanted to mimic it on the cabinet door that I was using.  Madeline and I were stranded with Grandma P at a custom cabinet shop this past summer and we walked away with a cabinet door and some pretty glass knobs.  The door has been sitting in the garage waiting for a new home and it was the perfect size for this project.  Back to the paint,  I diluted some white paint that I already had and painted a light coat on the door.  I added three inexpensive hooks on the front and a sawtooth hanger on the back.  I have wanted something for this side of the window and I am pleased with the balanced look.  Even more exciting are all possibilities to switch out the faux plants with seasonal decor!






SOURCES

Buckets: Target One Spot



9 comments:

  1. This is so cute Stephanie! What a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need that area rug! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, I picked the rug up at Garden Ridge on the south side back in July, but they may still have it!

      Delete
    2. They do! Now to just convince Ben that it is the one!

      Delete
    3. They do! Now to just convince Ben that it is the one!

      Delete
  3. how do you create drainage for the plants?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe they are artificial. However, if you want to do the same idea outside, I would just drill holes in the bottom.

      Delete
    2. I believe they are artificial. However, if you want to do the same idea outside, I would just drill holes in the bottom.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...