Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Project: Shabby Dress KO

I love to sew and usually I sew for my daughter or her dolls, but I decided to branch out and sew something for me! I am challenging myself to sew a dress for Easter.  I will admit that I am a little nervous, but you gotta start some where. Back in the day I did make a skirt with darts, set-in waistband, and a zipper.  I love, love, this Shabby Apple dress:




I think that look can be achieved. I picked up these patterns for .99 cents yesterday at JoAnn's.  I did learn something VERY valuable. Your retail size is not your pattern size so measure yourself before pattern shopping or embarrass your bff my measuring yourself in the middle of the fabric store as I did!  I also like this pattern review site.  Real people with photos of their finished garments.

Now I just need some fabric... I am going to do a trial run with something inexpensive.  Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...