Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tips for Painting Doors

This week I have been tackling my to do list.  This involved painting four doors.  I am 5'4" and although that is not too short I have a hard time getting the tops of the doors. A pair of inexpensive saw horses solved this problem.  I took the doors off the hinges and removed all hardware.  I found that removing the hardware is quicker than cleaning paint off of them.  I used a HANDy cup and a 2 inch angled brush and followed the door diagram below. The only hiccup in this project was the new gallon of trim paint is slightly off from the original color.  I know that you are supposed to purchase multiple gallons and mix them.  Lesson learned.  The banister is next and I am not looking forward to that. 
SOURCES




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...