Awhile back I saw this pin and was immediately obsessed with the desire for an over sized chalkboard.
My search ended a week ago when I came across a five foot leaner mirror at Home Depot for $34 dollars. The mirror was cracked and I asked for a discount. I walked away with the mirror for $20 plus tax and spent $10 on the chalkboard paint. Little dough for big impact!
This is how I created my framed chalkboard wall:
1. Find a great deal on a mirror!
2. Safely remove and dispose of mirror.
3. Prime and paint the frame. I used a sample from my stash that is a lighter shade than my powder and laundry room. Easy coordination! We hung the frame on studs and made sure that it was level.
4. Painted three coats of Rust-oleum Chalkboard Paint with a foam roller and waited the three days before priming and writing on the wall (so hard to wait).
5. Here is the final product- all nice and clean.
6. Here it is in action! My little brother turned 18... boy I feel old!
Edited to add these additions: