Monday, June 27, 2011

Vacation


We are back from a week long vacation that totaled a little over a thousand miles with no video systems I  may add (due to malfunctions). The kids are great travelers and that helped. Our vacation started in Huntsville, Alabama where we visited the Space and Rocket Center. We were able to visit for free because we have a museum membership here that has privileges at other science museums. I forgot my camera! That is a first and we were forced to use our camera phones. I will look back on this and laugh...

Wyatt and Madeline roasting marshmallows on the surface of the "moon". Wyatt's idea- he is a nut!





Luke checking out a life size space thing (I have no idea what it is called).



We drove from Alabama to Tennessee to the Great Smoky Mountains. If you have been to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area and have not visited the national park, you are missing out on some of the most beautiful land that God created. I was in awe. My city kids did a 2.6 round trip hike on the moderate Laurel Falls trail. The waterfall was beautiful. Matt and the big kids climbed down and played in the water. It was too steep and dangerous for Luke so we explored on our own at the top.








The kids were obsessed with walking sticks. We had to stop often and trade them in for newer models.


This was just two days of our vacation.  I will post more of our adventures throughout the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...