Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer Decorating Mental Block


Last week I put away my spring decor and have really struggled to fill in the gaps! Awhile back I printed off the ever popular "Keep Calm" print on my dollar store photo paper. Here is the cool site I used to generate the print. Remember these candle holders? The cream was not working for me so a little bit of spray paint and I had white candle holders. For $5 I bought two white candles and a roll of wrapping paper to wrap one of the candles. I used on hand ric rac for the other candle. The basket is our landing spot for mail, keys, phones, glasses etc.



I moved the pedestal bowl to the kitchen table and I LOVE it here! The dark wood against the white looks much better here than in the dining room. I just threw in some of the decor bowls from the vase that was on the table. A couple of months ago I changed the table orientation and that is working better for us too.


Here is my sideboard. Simple and clean.


Here is the thorn in my side. What should I put in this dome? I had spring flowers before, but I want something summery and not beachy. I have a whole room with a beach theme and I am just STUMPED! Any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...