Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Get your Garden On

Last year I really wanted to grow something and contemplated the Topsy Turvy things, but did not care for the reviews and decided that this year I was going to try square foot gardening.  Of course I have a garden board on Pinterest to get me started. I am awaiting this book at the library, this is when I wish I had a reader.




I also found this great blog that is a HUGE resource for SFG.






We are going to start out with one raised bed and see how it goes. Next year we will add on if we are successful.  I do not have a green thumb so this will be an adventure. 

Hubby was able to score some of last years' soil for only .50 cents a bag. This is the time to check out your local stores as they are clearing out the old to make room for the new.


Right now what I should be doing is figuring out exactly what I want to plant and get the starters going. This website gives you a schedule depending on your zip code. How neat is that?!  Are you an avid gardener?  What tips can you share to a newbie?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...