Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Adding Color to the Playroom




This is one important room in our house. Actually the availability of a playroom was a deal breaker when we were house hunting.  I have a desk along one wall that I use as a sewing table, but I am not sewing as much these days and decided to make this into a work are for the kids.



My vision was a pair of parson chairs with funky fabric.  I was inspired by this chair.








My mom had these chairs in her garage.  
They were a little dusty and a lot of ugly, but they were FREE!



I know that I said I would never upholster anything again after the wing chairs, but I found the perfect fabric and it is motivating me!

This is the fabric for the back of the chair.









And this is the front and seat of the chair.








A few weeks ago I purchased this slipcover for the couch and it has made a HUGE difference. The room is so vibrant now.  The funny thing is I tried to take a picture of the room with the new slipcover and sat on one end of the desk and it came crashing down with Bob and the lamp flying off. Bob is o.k. but the desk needed a little repair and I guess I need to go on a diet!


Look for the full reveal later this summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...