Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Garage Mini Makeover

 One of the first things we did when we moved in was install drywall, cabinets, and an organizational system in our garage. Matt painted the drywall with a drywall paint and for some reason did not finish... this has bugged me for the last 22 months.  We have acquired a ping pong table last year that gets a lot of use and the garage is the hub in the summertime.  Nevertheless the garage needed a little sprucing up. 

Before:








After:








I did not finish painting the ceiling.  My hands and arms hurt.  My main concern was the walls and it is a garage.  I will not be hosting any tea parties out here.  We already had the paint on hand, but I did spend a little money.  We needed two additional hooks and the ball rack which was a total of $43.00.  We use the Rubbermaid FastTrack system and I love it.  I got rid of the yucky doormats and moved my existing front door mat here because I scored this one for $3.75 at Lowe's.  


I also painted the door.  This was a DISASTER because I forgot that Matt had added water to the paint when we sprayed the shutters and that resulted in BUBBLES! Even with the shoddy paint job it looks better than the dirty white door.  The door will be sanded and repainted when we buy a paint sprayer.  Speaking of a paint sprayer I have been hoarding my birthday money to buy this. I am a little short, but hubby has agreed to combine his birthday money next month. I can not wait. I have a loooooong list of stuff I want to paint!


See that space to the right of the door?  A shoe bench will be going there... after I make it! Look for that post coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...