Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Saving your Pennies

The other day I was reading a blog that listed all the ways you could save money and one of the suggestions was to stop using the dishwasher and hand wash instead.  Well, I love my dishwasher and that is not going to happen, but it did get me thinking about when the least expensive time to run my dishwasher would be. I looked at my utility website and it listed the rates and the most expensive time of day is from 2pm-7pm and the least expensive is from midnight to 8 am.  We bought a new dishwasher in January and it has a delayed timer!  I want to start utilizing this feature.  I also noticed that my washing machine has a delayed timer too.  I am not sure how much of a savings this would be, but I am going to track our electric bill over the next few months and see.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...