Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Favorite Cleaning Tool Goes Green


I LOVE my Swiffer Wet Jet, but I did not love the cost and waste of the disposable pads and cleaning solution. When our house was on the market I rocked my Swiffer and cleaned my floors a lot. We had hardwood and laminate in every room but the bedrooms. Here at the new house I have linoleum in the kitchen, bathrooms, and foyer. The best part of moving was that my house did not have to be spotless all the time and time for more economic cleaning! I replaced the disposable pads for microterry inserts that can be thrown in the washer. I had some leftover FuzziBunz inserts from my cloth diaper days, but you can purchase them here for a reasonable price and free shipping! I use the medium size.

I just added two strips of velcro and machine sewed them on. If you do not own a sewing machine you could use the iron on velcro tape.


Now for the solution. I found this tip on YouTube and it WORKED! I added my own solution and now I am cleaning my floors for practically FREE!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...