Monday, May 2, 2011

Waste Free Lunches

I know that this school year is wrapping up, but I like to think ahead. This year Wyatt went half day and ate lunch at home, but next year he will be packing every day. This frugal momma is making his lunch every day like my mom made mine. Recycling is a cause close to my heart. My husband thinks that I am the trash Nazi, but it only takes a little effort. Most weeks my family of five only has one to two 13 gallon bags of trash. I like to buy in bulk which also reduces the amount of trash and we do not use disposable tableware, napkins, or baggies so when I saw these I was DELIGHTED! This is exactly what I was looking for and when I found a similar container for the fraction of the price at Walmart I was doing the happy dance! These Ziploc containers are only $2.37 for two. Hubby is already using them for his lunch and they wash up well in the dishwasher.


We will be using these utensils from Ikea. You get 16 pieces for $1.99 at this price if one goes missing it is not the end of the world.


Cloth napkins


Klean Kanteen


Lunch bag that will fit everything. We have this bag in the orange and we are going to put the Klean Kanteen on the side as opposed to the included plastic bottle.


I have been reading this fun Bento blog, Burnt Toast. Jennifer has some great ideas! For more information on the benefits of waste free lunches go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...