Monday, March 7, 2011

15 Minute Lamp Makeover



I needed a softer light in the playroom for those early morning play sessions when the overhead light is too bright. Like today at 6 am when Luke insisted on getting up. I had a lamp that was not being used and decided that I was going to make it work. A fat quarter is all I needed for my lampshade and I had a perfect Heather Bailey fabric that coordinated nicely with the pillows. Other supplies needed: hot glue gun and jumbo ric rac.

BEFORE


Wrap the fabric around shade. I left the selvage edge as a hem. I love how Patty Young leaves the selvage edge on pillows, etc. This is where I glued both layers.


Cut the excess off the top and bottom leaving half an inch.




Use hot glue to attach fabric to shade. I did about three inches at a time.


Cute, but needs a little something.





The yellow jumbo ric rac fits the bill! Just a bead of glue along the bottom and voila finished!





2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...